About twelve years ago, I was having a conversation with a woman of a certain age. She was nearly eighty, but still pretty, well dressed, had elegant manners revealing quality education. She was talking about her husband, explaining how much he was kind, generous, patient, and respectful; a lovable person who brought her each and every day – and that for the past forty years – breakfast to bed together with a rose ﬂower. Then, she said something that I could just not believe: “Each time I look into the mirror, I feel I have missed my life!”
Here is a sensible woman, in good health, nice looking, rather wealthy, well- traveled, cherished, put on a pedestal by her husband, and appreciated by a great deal of friends. Yet, despite all of this, she hardly thought proudly of herself. Instead, she would diminish and annihilate her self-esteem.
Neither could she tell the reasons of her feelings, nor explicate why she felt unhappy, or why she was rarely smiling. With time, we became good friends, which allowed me to verify this impression. I also used to spend time with her husband and discuss many matters. He did everything he could to make his dearest wife happy, but he couldn’t understand why he was unsuccessful.
Personally, I was wondering: “if this woman could be prone to low self-esteem, then anybody could!”
I thus came to the conclusion that something needed to be done to defeat low self-esteem and to put an end to the related damages. I actually promised myself to discover a method that could be simple to learn, easy to apply and yet deliver eﬃcient results.
I want you – when you have reached eighty – NOT to ask yourself if you have “missed your life”.
My intention is to create a service that can make you free and happy from now on.
A service that will create the greatest good for the greatest number of people.
I was always interested by the subject of Self-Esteem and started my personal research in 1987. My work included reading most books on Self-Esteem, studying the research conducted by American and French1 social psychologists, studying the works of Herbert Benson (Mind/Body relation)2, learning Ericksonian Hypnosis3 (related to medical purposes) studying the works of Harvard professor Howard Gardner (Multiple Intelligences)4, learning and qualifying in Emotional Intelligence5 and in the MBTI6 (levels I and II), coaching hundreds of students and adult people, learning from observations in my practice, to ﬁnally creating the RISE® method.
The RISE® method crowns 25 years of personal research and experience. During the past two years, I have been testing the RISE® method on more than one hundred people7 of diﬀerent ages whose feedback was an astonishing success. While conducting my research and observations, I also discovered a strong correlation between Self-Esteem and Self-Conﬁdence8.
- Xavier LACROIX: “Les Mirages de l’Amour” – Pascal IDE :”Mieux se connaître pour mieux s’aimer” et “Connaître ses blessures” – Jeannine GUINDON:”Vers l’autonomie Psychique” – Catherine DOLTO: “Paroles pour adolescents” – Louis MILLET :”Caractérologie” – Marie-Odile PEAUCELLE: “Pour conduire sa vie” – Professeur Robert TOCQUET : « Les Pouvoirs de la volonté » – Paul JAGOT : « L’eﬀort réalisateur » ; « L’éducation de la parole » et “Méthode pratique d’autosuggestion” – Philippe MORANDO : « Conditionnement positif » et
« Vos pouvoirs secrets et la maîtrise de votre destin » –
- Herbert Benson, M.D. “The relaxation response” – “Beyond the relaxation response” – “Your Maximum Mind” – “Timeless Healing” – “The Wellness book” – “The mind-body eﬀect” – “The break-out Principle”. et
- “Mastering Medical Hypnotherapy ” by D. Varma – Discovering the power of self-hypnosis” by Stanley Fisher, Ph.D. – “Self-Hypnosis” by Valerie Austin – “L’hypnotérapie” by Dr Jeannot Hoareau – “Théorie et pratique de l’hypnotisme” by Paul Jagot, “ Hypnosis for Change ” by Josie Hadley & Carol Staudacher, “Se libérer du tabac par l’hypnorelaxation” by D. Varma, et
- Howard Gardner, Ph.D. “Frames of mind: the theory of multiple intelligences” – “Five minds for the future” – “Changing Minds: The Art and Science of Changing Our Own and Other People’s Minds” – “The Development and Education of Mind” – etc.
- “The handbook of Emotional Intelligence: The theory and Practice of Development, Evaluation, Education, and Application – at Home, School, and in the Workplace” by Reuven Bar-On, JamesD. Parker and Daniel Goleman. EQ-i 2.0 Emotional Intelligence certiﬁcation. http://ei.mhs.com/
- Namely in the U.S.A, France and Monaco. It may not be a big number, but is valuable to learn that all of these persons, 100 % of them, have succeeded in improving their self-esteem.
- Self-esteem and self-conﬁdence are strongly interrelated. Self-esteem could be interpreted as the inner characteristic which triggers the external part than can be seen in the behavior of an individual. Both are highly needed to achieve great things in life. The ﬁelds that are impacted are: school grades, work, risk-taking, decision-making, taking initiative, self-control, personal development, growth, parenting, education, relationships, positive feelings, sense of well-being, success and happiness.
“The time that is given to you from birth to death, is your free choice on how to use it.”– S. Nassif
I have helped these persons. I can also help you.
Are you the person you always wanted to be?
What are the most critical choices you have made to put yourself in your current situation?
How did you achieve to not trust yourself?
Which thoughts lead you to have a low opinion of yourself? How can you become (more) self-conﬁdent and successful? What are the best conﬁdence building tools?
The above are questions you will need to answer if you want to stop sabotaging your life and start freeing yourself!
Before going into the deeper aspects of the psychology of self-esteem, we need to understand its functioning and its major inﬂuence on our lives.
How diﬃcult – yet passionate – it might be to give a direction to our life and climb the top of the mountain rather than looking at it from afar. If this diﬃculty already exists for a person in solid physical and psychological shape, then how much more arduous it could be for someone who suﬀers from some lack of self- esteem! They may actually believe they have no power or strengths when, in reality, they do not know how to use them. Those with low self-esteem can be paralyzed and exert confused eﬀorts while instinctively looking for a posture that can ﬁt their aptitudes. In ﬁne, they are probably looking for a method to help them improve and develop themselves in order to become a better person.
The RISE® method is one that will serve these purposes:
With RISE® you shall reach deeper understanding and encounter strong emotions.
You will build a high level of Self-Esteem that will change your life.
RISE is based on acts of generosity and kindness. It is by giving that we receive. Doing good deeds and giving to others generate good feelings. Getting into action and putting into practice as often as possible improves rapidly the Self-Esteem.